Monday, March 14, 2016

Eating Organic

I've been reading Omnivore's Dilemma and it has literally changed my life. I know, I know... that's a HUGE statement. And I haven't even finished the book yet! But it really has!! It changed the way I look at the food I put in to my body.
We do not have control of what the farmers, ranchers and the mass production food industry feeds the animals and what they spray on the produce we eat. So how do we fix this?!
Eat local and eat organic. And research the companies you are buying from. I've also been slowly moving towards a vegetarian lifestyle. And you know what, I feel better. My insides feel lighter. It's kind of amazing.


Why go organic and local? Because I don't want to eat pesticides and chemicals. I want my produce fresh because it was grown nearby, not because of the fertilizer it was grown in. Yes, it costs more - but the end result - healthier me and a healthier Ryan. :)

Has anyone else read Omnivore's Dilemma?


Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment