Monday, November 30, 2015

Our Black Friday

This year Ryan and I decided to get away from the crowds of crazy shoppers and head to the 'mountains' of New Jersey. Growing up in Oregon, my version of a mountain is a little different from Ryan's version of what a mountain is... I say they're more like hills here in NJ ;)

We drove about an hour and a half up north and hit the trails. 


All we had to do was follow the white markings on the trees... easy, right?!


 At some points the hike was a bit like an obstacle course. It was fun!


 The last mile of the hike (3.8 to the top and the same on the way back down) was all up hill. I was so out of breath and a little nervous climbing on all of the rocks. It's strange how I can run a marathon, but hiking... I'm the worst!


There was a point where Ryan asked if I wanted to just turn around before the top and I really had to think about it. I really wanted to quit, but I just couldn't. We had come this far - what's another 20 minutes of pain!?


And the view was well worth the climb! We burned our Thanksgiving dinner off, experienced something new together as a newly married couple and had an awesome time!
Maybe hiking the day after Thanksgiving will become a new tradition for us... 

Do you have a Thanksgiving tradition? Or Black Friday tradition?

Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment