Saturday, December 5, 2015

Give Everything, Expect Nothing

During our wedding ceremony our priest wisely said - Give everything and expect nothing throughout your marriage.
That statement has stuck with me and I try to remember it daily as Ryan and I navigate this life of ours together. I very easily get in Catie mode and forget that Ryan and I are partners. We need to help one another - we're a team. I need to lift him up as much as he lifts me up and supports me.

Even the smallest things like washing the dishes or putting away my clothes adds up and makes him happier, which in turn makes our relationship better. And our home looks neat and organized (post coming on that soon). I also need to learn that just because I do clean the dishes does not mean I get some points in the Catie column. It just means I'm helping out.

Let's say it together - give everything and expect nothing.
My goal each day should be to make Ryan and myself happy. That's a pretty easy goal, right?


So as we come in to our fourth month of being married let's hope I get better and better at being a partner. Everyone has something they need to work on. Mine just might be cleaning...

Thanks for reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment