Monday, December 7, 2015

How I De-Stress & Relax

During the holiday season schedules can get CRAZY. This December seems extra busy with many holiday parties all crammed in to about two weeks. When I start to feel overwhelmed I try to stop, relax and figure out how we can through the week without losing our minds and still have family couch/tv time. Our couch time is VERY important to us. ;)

The first on my to-do list was to get us a bit healthier. So I bought daily multi-vitamins. This makes sure we get all of the vitamins and minerals we need!

I love fresh juice. Juice Press is my all time favorite. I usually try and get a green juice or smoothie at least once a week during the hectic holidays to try and combat all of the germs going around on the subway. No one likes being sick during the holidays.

With parties comes lack of sleep. I love sleeping and need a lot of it, so this is a big one for me. We really try hard to sleep in on the weekends (9am is late nowadays) just to catch up from the work week. If I know we have a big night out ahead of us I'll get in to bed around 8:30pm the night before - read and turn off the light by 9pm. I know, I know... I'm a grandma... But I need my sleep! Sleeping is also when your body can fight off all of those germs!

I'll also try and get to a yoga class. A relaxed mind and body will do wonders for your spirit and your health. The last thing anyone wants to be is grumpy around the holidays. A little sweat will get your endorphins going and help burn off all of those Christmas cookies!


How do you relax and de-stress?


Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment