Friday, December 11, 2015

Hello My Name is Catie... And I'm Messy - Part 2

Okay! Part 2 of Hello My Name is Catie... And I'm Messy has been completed!
I started small and wanted an easier project that wouldn't be overwhelming... since you know, being neat and organized isn't my strong suit.

So, I tackled our desk! Which I had taken over and just turned into a mess. It now looks so nice and inviting! I actually want to sit at the desk and get things done. I might be browsing the internet more, since now I have a pretty and organized desk to sit at.

So, how did I do accomplish this? Just a couple of things really.
First - Some money. I visited the Container Store on my lunch break and hit up the Home Office section. They have an amazing selection and so many colors to choose from. My purchase was under $70 dollars! (The line to check out was very long... so going on your lunch hour during the holiday season might not be the best idea... oops!)
Second - A garbage bag to throw out all the stuff you don't need. I used the bag all of my purchases came it. Recycling at it's finest :)
Third - 30 - 45 minutes of pure cleaning and organizing.

That's it! And the finished product looks pretty darn good!

What I bought- file folder, double drawer, white board and three magnetic holders for the little stuff (paperclips and pushpins).
Just a couple of more Christmas cards to send out!
The hardest part for me is always throwing things away. I'm a little bit of a pack-rat... Almost everything I keep has memory. Or, I just might need it someday... I'm trying to get over keeping and do more tossing.

I can't wait to pick my next spot in our apartment! Where should I head next???

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment