Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Hello My Name is Catie... And I'm Messy - Part 1

I'm messy.
I don't know how it happened, but ever since I was little I've been messy.
Which is weird because I'm always on time, a big time planner and very detailed oriented. So you'd think with those traits I would be a neat freak too. But to the dismay of Ryan, who is a very neat person, I am not.
The thing is, I want our home to look nice, neat and organized. But during the week it just gets messier and messier. I don't know how to re-train my brain not to pile things up and just put them where they belong. It's become a weekly cycle – Monday through Friday the apartment gets messier and messier. Saturday and Sunday we clean and put things away. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I need to get out of this cycle! And I know Ryan is pretty tired of cleaning up after me...
But how? How do I re-train this brain of mine???
I'm going to start small. My first 'project' will be our desk. I've basically taken it over and it's horribly cluttered. As you can see I like to make piles…




To help me combat my messiness I've added this this book to my Christmas list:
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good - by Regina Leeds

I'm going to make this a little mini-series to show you that even a pile happy messy person can change her ways!

Can't wait to update you with Part 2 :)

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment