Saturday, December 12, 2015

You Can't Chase Happiness

You can't chase happiness, you have to find it where you are.

Do you know where I heard that saying? In a Hallmark Christmas movie... I stopped the movie, re-wound it, re-played it and quickly wrote it down.

I just love it. It's exactly what we all need to hear. Why are we always looking for happiness? Why is it that when we finally get that promotion, or get that new car, or that new whatever then we'll be happy? Why can't we just be happy NOW? With what we have and where we are in our lives? Let's focus on the here and now. Celebrate all the positive things in our lives right now. Right this second.

Here are some things that make me happy right this second.
- Having Ryan as my husband
- Being able to go home to a nice, warm apartment
- Coffee (I neeeed it)
- A good job with a great boss

Two things from my happiness list - Ryan and coffee!!!


See, it's pretty easy to come up with a quick little list. It took me less than thirty seconds. When you take the time to write out what makes you happy you realize you have so much to be happy about.

So maybe those Hallmark Christmas movies are doing something right... Behind those sappy lines and bad acting there's some pretty great messages on how to live your life.

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment