Thursday, December 3, 2015

Getting in the Holiday Spirit

One thing Ryan and I both agree on is how much we love Christmas. We are always so excited to go and pick out our Christmas tree and get it up and decorated. Since I always go home to Oregon for Christmas, Ryan and I celebrate Christmas early.
So, we always like to get the tree early so we can enjoy it before I head to the West Coast.


Since our new apartment has taller ceilings, we opted for a bigger tree... Making maneuvering in and out of the elevator - and down the hallway a bit difficult. Doesn't Ryan look happy?!


Every year we also make the piece they cut off the bottom of the tree into an ornament. This year's ornament is extra special. 


I take tree decorating seriously. I like to make sure the tree is full of beautiful, colorful ornaments that we love. Sometimes I try and hide my not-so-favorite ornaments in the back and Ryan calls me out and moves them to the front... Just another example of me needing to relax and go with the flow :)


We found these two little foxes at HomeGoods over the weekend. The Red Fox is the mascot of the college we both went to so we just had to get them. I think they're just too cute and basically make the tree!


Ryan helped by enjoying his tea and biscotti. And looking festive.


Bailey helped by sleeping and looking just as cute as can be...

Did you decorate your tree this past weekend?
What's your favorite part of the holiday season?

Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment