Friday, January 15, 2016

Hey Big Spender... I mean Saver!

I'm a spender. But I love saving money. I love Dave Ramsey and read blogs about finance all the time. You'd think I'd be a pro!
I'm just not that great at continually saving... I'm great for a month or two and then I get a little crazy and have to go shopping. Oops.
This year Ryan and I wrote down our financial goals so we can see them every day. Just doing this little thing has helped me. Seeing our BIG goal daily - buying a house - makes all the difference to my little shopper self.
I've even gone so far as to write notes to myself in my planner. HOUSE > selfish purchases
It's working.
We also decided not to take that little tropical vacation I wrote about last week. Instead, we're getting a couples massage this weekend. Still super fun and relaxing, but WAY less expensive.
Slowly but surely we're getting there. It helps that Ryan is a very good saver. I'm getting better and better every day.
Are you a spender or a saver? Or both?!


Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment